Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ramblings spanning two days

I realize no one is probably ever going to read this blog. Its almost comforting to know that. Its virtually impossible to just happen to come across it. I basically have to give someone the url to see it. And i like that. I like that i can write what i want without caring what other people think. i like that i can be myself without having to conform to fit into people comfort zones. Now for the miniscule amount of people who will read this, i dont mean that i will be cursing out anyone or making incredibly obscene comments. it just means i am allowing myself to write without hesitation.... meaning i can put an emoticon without feeling bad, or not capitalizing my "i"s or using apostrophes. :) i like that freedom. Society pressures us to be so formal in our writing (esp. if youre in college) yet we speak every day in the bastardized vernacular of this language we call english. My girlfriend's class "theme" or "statement" was "What are we Waiting For?", yet as one of her teachers pointed out it should be "For What are we Waiting".... since a sentence should never end with a Preposition. Normally i would agree but in this blog.... i couldnt care less :) So i hope you few who read this are not offended by my lack of correct grammar and punctuation. thats just how a roll ;)
Sorry that i went off on a bit of a tangent. like most of these blogposts i really dont have much of a purpose. basically i just wanted to explain my place of employment of the summer for posterity's sake. I work at an ice cream warehouse right now. at the beginning of the summer i was working 6:30-5 but now work 8-5 everyday. the days seem endless but i see the end in sight and i cannot wait. this job has taught me many things, as any job should. most importantly it has taught me the worth of a good education, how lucky i am to be getting one, and to work hard at college to avoid working here for the rest of my life. not to say its a bad job. i mean hey... its a job. and in this economy i have to take what i can get. but really i wouldnt be able to do it for the rest of my life. i feel so trapped as it is right now. well ive rambled enough for one post.

No comments:

Post a Comment