Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One week.... well by now its actually more like three days... two?

One week. One week is all I have left at my summer job. So much time has past so quickly. One moment I was driving home from school after a very hot and sweaty graduation. The next moment I’m heading back. Three months have past so quickly. I have learned quite a lot these past few months. I have learned things that I could not have discovered in school. The worth of a hard day’s work. The strength to get up every morning and mindlessly do the same thing over an over again. The value of a job in these times of economic hardship. The value of your free time. And most of all…. The value of a person that can motivate you to get through it all. These past three months have also brought out aspects of me that I can’t say I really like. Each day I wake up I have to try so hard to not be instantly negative. Most days I don’t succeed. My coworkers will find anything to complain about and I feel that seeping into my life and my mannerisms lately…. I don’t like it. I feel bad because it affects the people I’m around more than myself. My family has noticed it for a while and its truly not fair to them. It’s also extremely not fair to my girlfriend of six months…. She’s the rock that gets me through things and I feel that its unfair to always be so negative. So I am sorry. In addition I am going to try my damnedest to become positive.

Friday is not only my last day of work but as I previously said, me and my girlfriend’s sixth month anniversary. :D it truly feels cheesy to say it but its true…. That day is a day of endings and beginnings… a door closes and another one opens… well kinda… I think I should probably be shot for using that cliché. :P anyways… I know in the grand scheme of things 6 months aren’t that long at all…. It doesn’t even feel like 6 months…. Which Im hoping is a good sign hehe…. Well the point is…. Happy anniversary three (or two depending on how you look at it….) days early. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment